Dennerle Marinus 30L (English Help)

• Hello!

I tried to find information about this online and in english forums, but i find most forums speaking about dennerle is in german, so i hope there is someone here with the 30L marinus or 60L marinus to help me.

Including in this package is the Bio circulator 4in1. I have a bad noise coming from mine, Its not from the engine or the scimmer. If i have the engine separate in the tank, its just a normal engine sound (very low). If i have everything connected i get a bad sound, the sound is also there if i take out the "scimmer". I have attached a video file of the noise. If any of you guys have this Circulator and have the same noise or can help me out i would be happy. Because i think this noise should not be there?

Best regards.

Here is a video of the sound (clicking) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TujUb1AZ81E

• Hello,

I have no 4 in 1 bio circulator, but sometimes people have some noise problems at the beginning. Is it possible, that there is something in the pump, that makes the noise, if the skimmer ist connectet? Probably its something wrong with the skimmer unit and the rotor of the pump comes in contact with the skimmer?

An god and cheap alternative for this pump could be the eheim skim 350.

I hope you can find something to make it better, perhaps you can send some pics from the in er side?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gruß Steffen :thumbup:

Wünsche allzeit einen salzigen Daumen.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Hello and thanks for the answer!

There is nothing inside the pump, because if i disconnect it and run it "solo" there is no sound. just a "normal" engine sound.
    So probably there is something wrong when i connect the pump to the skimmer unit and when the "suction" start.

Here is a link to Youtube where i demonstrate the sound:

https://youtu.be/tmBtXeH4N2s

• It seems, that the pump transmits vibrations over the holder to the tank.
    But the type of noise sounds like a Problem inside the pump-unit.

Can you feel heavy vibrations at the case of the pump, when it is free in the water and is the noise even so loud, when the holder is not connected to the tank?

• It seems, that the pump transmits vibrations over the holder to the tank.
    But the type of noise sounds like a Problem inside the pump-unit.

Can you feel heavy vibrations at the case of the pump, when it is free in the water and is the noise even so loud, when the holder is not connected to the tank?

When i feel the case of the pump there is no vibration. When pump is free or connected there is no sound, just normal "engine" without vibration.

When i have the full system on the wall of the tank there is the noise, when the system is not connected to the wall and is Free there is still this sound. The sound can be described as a electric water boiler (as you can hear on the youtube video).

It sounds like a sound that is not supposed to be there.

Best regards

• I think it sounds like a not balanced pump axle, or a defect pump unit. Can you strip the pump and take a look at the axle and in the inner side of the pump?
    I am not sure if this pump has a bearing for the axle but this could be false connectet to the case?

• I think it sounds like a not balanced pump axle, or a defect pump unit. Can you strip the pump and take a look at the axle and in the inner side of the pump?
    I am not sure if this pump has a bearing for the axle but this could be false connectet to the case?

Do you think it could be the pump when it sounds good "solo" not connected to the system? Maybe the pump starts to sound like this when it need to use more power connected to the system? (suction). I can try open it and check.

• Air inside is even possible and sounds nearly the same. But it can be a problem of the pump, which is able to hear, when its connected to the tank/holder.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!